- 2-3 peppers (red, orange and yellow are sweeter)
- 1 onion
- 8-12 mushrooms
- ¼ butternut squash (peeled) or 1 courgette
- 2 carrots
- ½ pack of halloumi cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon/lime juice or balsamic vinegar
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 1tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper and some fennel seeds if you have them.
Roast for approximately 30 mins at 180 C/Gas 4, or until the vegetables are almost cooked.
Turn the vegetables and add the chopped mushrooms and halloumi cheese.
Return to the oven for a further 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese starts to brown.
Meanwhile make up the dressing.
Pour the dressing over the veg. and return to the oven for 5 minutes to heat through and cook the garlic.
Serve with hummus and pitta bread/wrap/flatbread, or mix the roasted vegetable mixture into some cooked rice or pasta.