Saturday 1 January 2011

New year's resolutions

Happy New Year!

So it's 2011 and that means resolution time...As my close friends will tell you, I never seem to manage to stick to my resolutions for more than a month, but here goes anyway. As usual I'm thinking that I should try to eat more healthily, especially after seeing my choco-cheesy tag cloud text (on this blog) growing larger each week!
I also want to get fit in preparation for our Disney holiday this summer. When I say want, I actually mean should, as unfortunately, I hate 'official' exercise as I find it sooo boring! I don't mind walking, so long as I have someone to chat to, but the idea of running and getting all hot and sweaty for fun is alien to me...besides, running is bad for the knee joints!

I love this outside gym idea from the National Trust (so much cheaper than indoor gym fees and with much nicer views!), but I think I may just go walking round the grounds with the family, rather than doing the full-on exercise routines in public!

I actually find it much more enjoyable to make resolutions for the rest of the family, although for some reason, they don't seem to appreciate the effort that goes into this! I have decided that Mr O is going to do more some DIY this year, while Miss Ony and Miss Kahonie are going to have to start earning their pocket money. That means keeping their bedrooms tidy, putting their own clothes away and taking turns to unload the dishwasher.
I wonder if their resolutions will last longer than mine?!

Join the blog hop...
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for your comment. I love hearing your opinions, so please rest assured that genuine comments and competition entries will be visible after approval. This may take 24-48 hours, depending on how hectic my work/home life is at the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...