- 100g/4oz crunchy peanut butter
- 25g/1oz dairy-free spread
- 100g/4oz soft brown sugar
- 50g/2oz SR flour
- 50g/2oz porridge oats/oatmeal
- 2 tbsp golden syrup/corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon or ginger (optional)
- 100g/4oz plain (dairy free) chocolate.
Add the flour, oats, vanilla and cinnamon/ginger.
Mix well until you have a firm dough.
Add a drop of water if the dough is too dry to stick together.
Press the dough into a shallow (approx. 15cm) square greased baking tray. The dough should be around 1-1.5 cm thick.
Cook for around 12-15 mins at 180C/170C Fan/Gas 4/350F until golden brown around the edges.
Leave to cool.
Melt the chocolate and spread over the base.
Allow to set before cutting into bars and removing from the tray.
Suitable for freezing.