Makes 12-16 bars/squares.
- 150g/6oz dairy-free spread (or 100g/4oz dairy-free spread and 50g/2oz smooth peanut butter)
- 150g/6oz soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 50g/2oz dessicated coconut
- 25g/1oz cocoa powder, sieved
- 50g/2oz raisins, or other dried fruit (chopped banana chips, apricots etc)
- 200g/8oz porridge oats
- A pinch of cinnamon, optional
Pre-heat the oven to 160C/150C Fan/Gas 3/325F.Melt the spread with the sugar and syrup (in a pan or in the microwave).
Stir in the coconut, cocoa and raisins (and cinnamon).
Mix in the oats until coated in the chocolaty syrup.
Pour into a greased baking tin (15cm x 20cm approx) and flatten with a fork or spoon.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Cool in the tin for 10 minutes before marking into squares/bars.
Turn out when cold - not before, or they'll fall apart!
Alternatives: Swap the dried fruit for chopped nuts or chopped crystallised ginger.
Top with melted dairy-free chocolate when cool, for a more indulgent flapjack! Pin It