- 250g/10oz SR flour
- 200g/8oz soft dark brown sugar
- 4 tbsp fine shred orange marmalade
- 150g/6oz vegan/dairy-free spread
- 150ml/a generous ½ cup cold water or dairy-free milk
- 50g/2oz unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 peeled and grated eating apple
- 50g/2oz dairy-free chocolate chips, raisins, chopped dates or chopped nuts (optional)
Cream the dairy-free spread and the sugar, then add the cocoa, grated apple and marmalade and mix well.
Add the flour, water/milk and bicarb. Blend until you have a smooth mixture.
Stir in some chocolate chips/chopped nuts etc (optional).
Spoon generously into 12 muffin/cupcake cases.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
Ice when cool (optional).
Suitable for freezing.
Orange glacé icing
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- 100g/4oz icing sugar
- A couple of drops of orange food colouring (optional)
Spread on top of each cake.