Wednesday 15 June 2011

Flapjacks with Dried Fruits, Nuts and Seeds (Vegan)

Flapjacks with Dried Fruits, Nuts and Seeds (Vegan)
This is a fruity adaptation of my vegan chocolate flapjack recipe. It came into being after finding a packet of almost out-of-date dried dates at the back of my cupboard!

Makes 12-16 bars/squares.
  • 150g/6oz dairy-free spread
  • 150g/5oz soft brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp golden syrup
  • 150g/6oz mixed chopped dried fruit, nuts and/or seeds 
  • 225g/9oz porridge oats  
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Pre-heat the oven to 160C/150C Fan Oven/325F/Gas 3.
Melt the spread with the sugar and syrup (in a pan or in the microwave).
Stir in the dried fruit/nuts/seeds and the vanilla extract.
Mix in the oats until coated in the syrup.
Pour into a greased baking tin (15cm x 20cm approx) and flatten with a fork or spoon.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes before marking into squares/bars with a knife.
Turn out when cool - not before, or they'll fall apart!
Suitable for freezing.

Alternatives: Top with melted dairy-free chocolate when cool, for a more indulgent flapjack!

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Your flapjack looks good. I love how versatile they can be.
    Our favourite flapjack addition is sesame seeds!

    Hannah
    http://www.homebakedonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I found your blog by accident when looking for a recipe to use up the walnuts and dried fruit I had left over from Christmas. I have a tried and tested plain flapjack recipe, but decided to try yours yesterday. I made double the amount as I like to freeze half for another time. They are absolutely lovely, something which the half-empty box proves! Thank you for sharing your recipe, I will be making them again in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma, that's great to hear :-) I haven't made these for a while, so I must make another batch soon!

      Delete
  3. I made these today and they came out great! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you liked them...thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much for your comment. I love hearing your opinions, so please rest assured that genuine comments and competition entries will be visible after approval. This may take 24-48 hours, depending on how hectic my work/home life is at the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...