If there's any left over, eat it cold for lunch the next day, or use to top a home made pizza.
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 courgettes/zucchini, diced
- ½ butternut squash/2-3 carrots/1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, sliced or diced
- 6-8 ripe tomatoes, diced or 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 200 ml water or vegetable stock
- 1-2 large cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp sun dried tomato paste
- 1-2 tsp paprika/smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tsp cinnamon or allspice powder
- ½ a fresh chilli, chopped finely (optional)
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Add the onions, peppers, courgettes and squash and coat in the oil.
Return to the oven and roast for 10-15 minutes.
Stir in the chopped tomatoes, garlic, herbs and spices.
Return to the oven for a further hour or so, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has reduced and the vegetables are soft and lightly browned.
Serve with rice, flat bread or cous cous.
Alternative: Add a tin of drained chickpeas for extra protein.
Slow cooker/crock pot method: Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker (reduce the water/stock to 100ml) and stir well. Cook on medium for 6-8 hours.