Friday 1 July 2011

Tzatziki Dip

 © 
Tzatziki is one of my family's favourite things to eat and always bring back memories of our many holidays in Greece. It's really simple to make and tastes so much better than the shop-bought variety.
I forgot to take a photo of my last batch of tzatziki, so I've included a photo from our holiday in Skiathos, instead!
  • 250ml Greek/Greek-style plain yogurt
  • ¼ cucumber, grated
  • 1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed 
  • a little chopped fresh dill (optional)
  • a dash of chilli sauce/pinch of cayenne/black pepper to taste (optional)
Grate the cucumber onto several sheets of kitchen roll.
Squeeze as much moisture as possible out of the cucumber.
Mix all of the ingredients together and chill until needed.
Serve with fresh, warm pitta bread.

Alternative: I'm not sure how this would taste using a dairy-free yogurt, but it's worth a try...you might want to add a glug of olive oil to get a more 'creamy' taste. Let me know if it works!

More Greek meze recipes: Greek salad, Hummus, Aubergine dip

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Perfect on the side with a summer dish. I am glad of the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much for your comment. I love hearing your opinions, so please rest assured that genuine comments and competition entries will be visible after approval. This may take 24-48 hours, depending on how hectic my work/home life is at the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...