Monday, 26 March 2012

Hotel Chocolate Extra Thick Easter Egg - Review

© Image courtesy of Hotel Chocolat 
The sun has been shining, spring has well and truly sprung and Easter is just around the corner, so it seems a pretty good time for an Easter egg review! Not just any old Easter egg though...a Hotel Chocolat extra thick egg.

Hotel Chocolat invited me to try their Rocky Road to Caramel™
Extra Thick Easter Egg. Now you may think that's a bit of a mouthful to say, but it's an even bigger mouthful to eat, containing a massive 500g of chocolate! My kids stared in awe as I unwrapped the beautifully presented gift box and lifted out the huge egg, which was luxuriously wrapped in thick gold foil. Each half egg was packed full with a selection of different shaped and flavoured chocolates.

Unsurprisingly, we all thought that both the egg and the chocolates were delicious. The egg 'shell' itself contained extra goodies
(puffed rice, cookie pieces and chocolate chunks in one side and layer of caramel chocolate in the other), which made it taste particularly good. We all agreed that both the egg and the chocolates tasted and looked superior to the usual Easter eggs we would buy. I'm not sure that I'd ever stretch to the £26 that this egg cost (not for the kids anyway!), but it has made me wonder whether it's worth paying a little extra for a quality egg, which gets savoured rather than a cheap egg which gets scoffed!

Any criticism? Not with the taste, but the chocolates inside the egg were wrapped in plain white tissue paper, which just didn't look as luxurious as the rest of the wrapping - that's me being picky though, as it didn't really detract from the overall effect.


Hotel Chocolat products are clearly marked with their suitability for vegetarians and vegans 
(on the packaging and on the website). Find their full range of edible Easter gifts here.
Integrity Statement
I received a chocolate Easter egg to review. I did not receive payment, and the views expressed are genuinely those of myself and my family. 
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. My mouth is watering... I could get very excited about 500g of chocolate! Love that the labelling is clear for veggies/vegans too - it makes life so much simpler.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks very much for your comment. It will be visible after approval.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...