- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 Quorn fillets/vegan chicken-style fillets
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 150ml dry white wine
- 300ml vegetable stock (made with a stock cube)
- 1 level tbsp plain flour
- 2 tsp tarragon leaves, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp double cream or dairy-free cream (optional)
- 500g new potatoes, boiled, drained (and sauteed in 1 tbsp olive oil - optional).
Add the mushrooms and cook for a further couple of minutes until they start to release their juices.
Remove from the heat and stir in the flour to coat the vegetables.
Slowly stir in the wine, 200ml of the stock and the tarragon, making sure there are no lumps of flour.
Return to the heat and gently bring to a simmer, stirring all the time, until the sauce has thickened.
Pop the Quorn fillets into the sauce and simmer with the lid on, for approximately 20 minutes.
Stir occasionally and turn the Quorn fillets over. Adding a little more of the remaining stock if needed, to make a pourable sauce. Remove from the heat and stir in the cream, if using.
Serve with sauteed or boiled new-potatoes and steamed asparagus or tender-stem broccoli.
Alternatives: This also makes a great pasta sauce without the Quorn. Cook as above using slightly less stock. Simmer for 5 minutes to thicken the sauce, then stir in the cream if using.
Serve over cooked tagliatelle.
I’m adding this recipe to the Speedy Suppers linky, hosted by Sarah at Dinner With Crayons and Katie at Feeding Boys. Pin It