Monday, 18 July 2016

Terre2Crete Olive Oil from Arnaud Gillet - A Review

Olive Oil from Arnaud Gillet
Well, I can tell you that it's not everyday that I 'm contacted by a French olive oil producer who lives in Crete and wants me to try his extra virgin olive oil, but that's exactly what Arnaud Gillet of Terre2Crete Olive Oil did! 

Ironically this was just after Brexit was announced, which made reflect on the number of European ingredients and cuisines we now enjoy in the UK, compared to pre-EU times. 

Regular readers will know that I use a lot of olive oil in my recipes and that I blog quite a few Greek recipes, so of course I was happy to oblige...
"My name is Arnaud Gillet. I am a producer of olive oil and I live in Heraklion, in Crete, with my Greek wife and our two children. Our olive trees grow naturally requiring only a minimum of maintenance. My work in the grove is to prune the trees and harvest the olive fruit. Our family olive oil is bottled in a certified facility here in Crete and then dispatched and stored in a storehouse in France. It is then delivered to your doorstep in just a few days by mail."
I was very impressed at the speed of delivery and the rustic and authentic packaging. The olive oil is also a good price for an artisan product, at just €10 per litre plus postage. When it came to the taste test, I tried the oil out on its own, in a salad dressing and in my cooking. As you'd expect from an authentic Greek olive oil, the Terre2Crete product was of a very high quality with a vibrant colour and a good pungent flavour. It was delicious on its own with some fresh, crusty bread to dunk in and was equally good in Greek dishes such as Boureki.

Arnaud also sent me some of his lovely olive oil soap and Greek oregano to try out, both of which matched the quality of the oil. The flavour of the oregano took me back instantly to my holidays in Greece!

For more information, or to place an order, visit Arnaud's website at My Olive Oil UK. 

 Integrity Statement
 I received the products pictured in consideration for a review . All views expressed are genuine.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for your comment. I love hearing your opinions, so please rest assured that genuine comments and competition entries will be visible after approval. This may take 24-48 hours, depending on how hectic my work/home life is at the time!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...