- 1 large red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1-2 large cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- half a head of broccoli (inc. stalks) chopped
- ½ chilli, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 tsp fresh/frozen ginger
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp of garam masala
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 litre vegetable stock
Sweat the onion and garlic in 1 tbsp olive oil for 3-5 minutes.
Add the spices and cook for a further minute.
Add all of the remaining vegetables.
Cover with the stock and bring to a simmer.
Simmer with the lid on for 20-30 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
Add the coriander leaves and blend to desired consistency.
Garnish with a little extra coriander to serve.
Suitable for freezing.
I'm entering this recipe to this month's Credit Crunch Munch , hosted by Fab Food 4 All and Fuss Free Flavours.